1. Alex Briggs threw the 35 pound weight. Thats 10 more pounds than the typicall hs 25lb implement. This was an open meet and the 35 pound weight is thrown at all open style meets. He did very well for his first time throwing the heavy weight, 45' 7". In fact, that throw places him US#1 for high school boys throwing the 35lb weight.
2. Nick Tyler continued his success in the pole vault clearing 4.15 meters, about 13' 7".
3. Cooper Richmond blitzed an 800 meter time of 2:08.07, the 2nd time he's every raced this distance. Thats a solid time, especially for a sophomore.
4. Joe Maiato and Austin Grande both ran under 5 minutes in the mile. A sub-5 mile is a great milestone to achieve for any distance runner!
5. Alex Eyster ran a pr in the 400, a pr in the 200 and won his heat, and then ran on the varsity 4x200 which ran this seasons fastest time of the year!
It looks like the team is starting to really push and drop times right now. It couldn't be a better time to start doing that. Next weekend we have our Last Chance State Meet Qualifier. There are actually two other opportunites to qualify for States after this meet, Southern Division Champs and Class B Champs. However, those types of meets tend to have guys doubled or even tripled in events. This weekend will be a good chance to run one event fresh.
Keep working hard guys, only a couple weeks left!