- Last years indoor track record was 3 wins(Prout, Rogers, and Mt. Hope) and 6 loses. Outdoor track record was 8 wins and only 2 losses.
- Out top athlete went down with a season ending injury on the first meet of indoor track. Colt Nichols. He recovered in time for the Outdoor season. Finished as a repeat State Champ in the 300 m hurdles.
- We did end up with a 4x800 relay qualifying for the RI State Meet. The outdoor squad placed 6th at the State Championships qualifying for New Englands with 8:11. Our indoor school record is within reach at 8:04.
- Ethan Shea broke the school record in the 600 and also placed 8th at the State Championships. He also ran a 1:56.6 800 during the Outdoor season.
- Martin Lasky picked up the hurdles last season and showed some real ability there. He also finished 4th in the Pole Vault at the Outdoor State Championships
- Ben Chase qualified for the freshman mile at the New Balance Indoor Nationals with a 4:20.0 1500 meter (4:38 mile) time.
- Peyton Robinson long jumped 20 feet last Outdoor season, that's closing in on our school record.
- Coach Brad Kelly joined the team last year and helped our sprints and jumps teams improve on the track and in the weight room.
Welcome back to Indoor Track and Field everyone and especially to those coming out for their first season. Couple things I'd like to point out from last year:
Reminder - Last call on team shirts, $16 - click the link if you want one - https://www.customink.com/g/vjh0-00av-jfjj
We were withouth Ezra and Nick on Tuesday so we had to put together a super effort in order to overtake Coventry and Chariho. We did not manage to win but we did come out of the meet with multiple Personal Records.
The results link is here:
The results from last nights are below. Still have some work to do. Our next meet is a Varsity meet against Chariho and Coventry next Tuesday. We have a good shot at winning against Coventry. We will need our best day and then some in order to beat Chariho. But winning against Coventry is a good goal.
The results from all our meets this season(except for JV meets) will be posted on ri.milesplit.com. Our team log in is"
You can check rankings by grade, by event, and even by state. Keep in mind, not all states fully compete in indoor track and some states, do not run certain events like the 1500 or 3000. They may run the 1600 or 3200. Just a heads up on that.
Talk to you soon!
3 wins today at the PHS Track. I was pleased with the effort. We have plenty of work still to do. Pacing work for distance, hand offs for sprints, and technique for our jumpers and throwers. We have one more dual meet next Tuesday against Middletown and Mt. Hope. I think we can pull out a win on both if we stay focused and push each other. Here were the highlights from todays meet:
Great Effort vs. EP
I thought we had a good showing yesterday against a pretty good EP team. I still can't believe we tied, 74 to 74. You just don't see that in Track and Field. And EP is a team that won the RI Outdoor State Championships in 2013. Sp we put up a good fight. Here are the highlights:
Guys that didn't score, look at your results, they are posted in the old gym. You can also see your best times of the season listed on our depth chart. Set a goal and go after it. Everyone that scored at this meet started where you did at some point, if you work hard and stay focused and motivated, you WILL improve.
Let's have a great meet this Wednesday.