- Isaac Fox won the 100, 200, 400, and placed 2nd in the Javelin. Great day.
- Mike Chisholm won the 800, finished 2nd in the 400 with a pr of 53.5, and finished 3rd in the Javelin with 103'
- Chance Satterlee won the Shot Put and the Hammer. He also finished 3rd in the Discus.
- Colt Nichols won the 110 Hurdles and the 300 Hurdles. He also ran on the winning 4x4 team and ran a pr of 51.9.
- Martin Lasky won the Pole Vault, placed 2nd in the Triple Jump and 2nd in the Shot Put.
- Noah Gramitt won the 1500, 4:46.1 and placed 3rd in the 800.
- Nik DiGennaro won the Discus and placed 3rd in the javelin.
- Nick McCarthy placed 2nd in the 100, 2nd in the 200, and ran on the winning 4x4 team with a time of 58.0.
- David Silvia placed 3rd in the long jump, 3rd in the pole vault, and 3rd in the triple jump.
- Jake Vaspol finished 2nd in the Discus and Hammer.
- Brandon Cawley scooped up a 3rd in the 400, 58.5
- Vincent Gardner ran a huge pr to grab 2nd in the 3000, 10:31.
- Grant Coristine placed 3rd in the Shot Put.
3 wins today at the PHS Track. I was pleased with the effort. We have plenty of work still to do. Pacing work for distance, hand offs for sprints, and technique for our jumpers and throwers. We have one more dual meet next Tuesday against Middletown and Mt. Hope. I think we can pull out a win on both if we stay focused and push each other. Here were the highlights from todays meet:
Great Effort vs. EP
I thought we had a good showing yesterday against a pretty good EP team. I still can't believe we tied, 74 to 74. You just don't see that in Track and Field. And EP is a team that won the RI Outdoor State Championships in 2013. Sp we put up a good fight. Here are the highlights:
Guys that didn't score, look at your results, they are posted in the old gym. You can also see your best times of the season listed on our depth chart. Set a goal and go after it. Everyone that scored at this meet started where you did at some point, if you work hard and stay focused and motivated, you WILL improve.
Let's have a great meet this Wednesday.